To Innovate new methods for learning teaching an clinical care
First project idea. AI Diagnostic Tool for CXRs (refer to Chester AI https://mlmed.org/tools/xray/) on BMC internal website/server.
– Residents reading chest x-rays (general radiology or call)
– Resident copy/paste or download/upload CXR image and place it onto application on BMC server website
– Application will analyze and list findings with probabilities and heat-maps
– Does the app improve resident draft or prelim accuracies?
– Has this been done before at other institutions?
– Find an open source Chester AI code to start with
Other project ideas. We can think of a project to branch off of the Alzheimer AI research. We can use GAN generated images to represent what a healthy image would look like with progressively worsening disease. We can use heat-mapping as a learning tool.